Endoscopy Junior Editors Board
Would you like to learn the skills needed to edit a significant scientific journal?
Would you like the chance to work with some of the world’s top experts in GI endoscopy?
Endoscopy is looking for talented and ambitious young gastrointestinal endoscopists to join our trainee program for aspiring scientific journal editors. Together with the Editors-in-Chief and the Co-Editors, as a member of our Junior Editors Board, you will focus on developing the key skills needed to successfully edit a scientific journal.
You will learn about the whole review process, from submission to acceptance, including:
- the criteria for selecting papers for review
- how to succinctly assess the value and the limitations of a paper
- how to interpret and assess reviewer recommendations
And of course you might expect that your scientific reading and writing skills will greatly improve!
Appointments will be for two years and every Junior Editor will be mentored by an experienced Co-Editor throughout this period. You need to be aware that this position entails overseeing the review process of about 15–20 manuscripts or E-Video submissions per year as well as participating in regular meetings and tutorials (online).
You should be:
- specializing in gastrointestinal endoscopy (any aspect)
- interested in the publishing and editorial processes behind Endoscopy
- born on or after 1 January 1988
- fluent in English, especially in writing
- experienced (to some extent) in scientific writing
- reliable, able to quickly respond to emails and tasks
- active on social media
Your application should comprise:
- A letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and a short video (max.2 mins) about you, your work, and why you want to participate in this program
- Your CV
- A written endorsement from your supervisor or Chief of Department/Division.
- A written reference or a person to contact for a reference